Cloud hosting buzz is all around in the web hosting industry. Various web hosting companies offer different cloud hosting plans, which make the picture even larger. Cloud Hosting or Enterprise Hosting is one of the different types of web hosting that uses cloud computing technology for hosting websites. By definition, Cloud Computing delivers computing not as a product, but rather as a service by using shared resources.
Recently, Cloud Hosting has come out as a lucrative web hosting option, best suited for the websites personal or corporate - both small and large. Large corporations’ websites experience heavy traffic and as a result hangs up very often. Small corporations have limited budgets and need to tweak the financials for balancing the infrastructural costs involved. Cloud hosting has provided with the answers for both of these problems. The secret behind is a fact that the websites hosted using cloud hosting are supported by the different servers situated at different locations.
In general, cloud hosting plans are comparatively cheaper than other web hosting plans. This makes people wary of the concept, as they consider it to be a low quality web hosting option; to their surprise, this belief is false. Cloud hosting providers charge less because the end-users are charged only for the resources consumed and not a flat monthly fee.
Some more misconceptions associated with cloud hosting and / or myths of cloud computing exist. One such notion is that every piece of information needs to be on the cloud; which is not true. This is so because any business should never ever consider handling all the proprietary and confidential business related information, to just, any third party. Another misconception states that cloud computing is seen as a sure shot cure for all the server and data storage related problems; which is also not true. This is so because even cloud computing has its own set of associated issues, such as cloud hosting servers downtime and more.
Web hosting industry has been experiencing new trends in cloud hosting, and is still counting. The latest trends include:
· Hybrid solutions that work to integrate the current computing infrastructure with other cloud services
· Backup and disaster recovery solution for increased security over the server
· Computing without servers to enjoy a hassle-free configuration
· Artificial intelligence method for an efficient approach to automate the business operations
· Data containers for reliable data transfer along with increased maintenance of stored data
· General Data Protection Regulation for high end security compliance
The trending tools are in turn attracting more and more consumers to join the bandwagon with an idea to take benefit from the advantages of cloud hosting plans. Stepping ahead in the business landscape, the key advantages of cloud hosting for business entrepreneurs are:
· Measures for security and compliance
· Effective workplace collaboration
· Greater integration with business operations
· More flexible and remote working culture
· Affordable and scalable costs
To conclude, it will be a wise decision if end-users read and understand the governing terms and conditions of cloud hosting packages. Based upon the understanding gained, only selected information should be shared via the channel of cloud hosting. Business owners should refrain themselves from sharing confidential and sensitive information through cloud hosting.