Facebook, the largest social network, continues to set new benchmarks in terms of its reach and the marketing strategies it offers. Many new marketing trends come and go, but some stick around because they are more effective. Here are some of the latest Facebook marketing trends that have been creating big ripples.
1. Video Continues to Grow Bigger
Video has been the most effective form of content for some time and it continues to grow in terms of significance. Average Facebook users currently watch an average of over 100 million hours of video on a daily basis. And Facebook videos help generate over 135% of organic reach compared to images.
· Facebook Live: There is increased emphasis on Facebook Live for marketing. These videos have a more organic feel compared to other forms of videos on the social media site. It is also effective because it enables real-time interaction between publishers and target audience.
· Facebook Stories: This is another popular trend in Facebook marketing, allowing brands to connect with their audience through short video or photo collections.
2. Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality
Facebook has provided Facebook Spaces and Camera Effects Platform to create new forms of interactions in the augmented and virtual reality domains. Some of the key aspects of Camera Effects Platform include:
· Precise Location
· Object Recognition
· 3D Effects
This platform can identify more than just faces. This has created vast branding potential. Facebook Spaces allows users to share a wide range of media live with each other. And this creates marketing opportunities for brands.
3. Chatbot Marketing
There are currently hundreds of thousands of active bots on Messenger every month. This form of marketing helps create an instant connection between customers and brands. Whilst customer service is the main purpose of this technology, it can also be used to create a direct connect with your customers.
4. Sophisticated Marketing Analytics
The social giant recently added Page interactions such as shares and post reactions within its omnichannel analytics. Brands can now find out if users commenting on their products in their Page post take the further step of viewing or buying the product from their app or site.
AI-based marketing insights provides the following benefits:
· Monitoring fluctuations in purchases for different versions of app
· Engagement within different cities
· Build more effective advertising strategy for campaigns
· Create Custom Facebook Analytics dashboard that can be shared across the team
5. Facebook Marketplace
Marketplace displays products and services based on users’ browsing history and interests. Whilst selling or advertising products is not yet allowed, it is expected that the social giant will open up the platform in the near future. Facebook has implemented many strategies to increase user engagement and presence on Marketplace.
6. Multiple-Product Dynamic Facebook Ads
This is another widely popular promotional trend on Facebook, currently. Brands can now reach their target audience based on their browsing history. The combination of dynamic ads and carousel format allows displaying a maximum of 20 images of the same product. The ads reach users who have demonstrated interest in a product on another website.